Empowering teen mothers and their children to achieve independence through support services, education and mentoring.
- To assist teen mothers in obtaining necessary skills to achieve and higher education and independence.
- Madrecitas focuses on assisting young girls in achieving their dreams & goals as teen mothers. Our ultimate goal is to create a culture of women helping women, and enable the women of the future to continue on a successful, healthy, and happy life path.
- Madrecitas assists teen single moms who still are unsure of what there next step will be. This program hopes to assist teen mothers in transitioning into their new role as a teen mother.
Case Management Services
Assist teen moms in creating individualized goal plans and outlining activities to help them achieve their goals. We provide any basic needs such as diapers, formula, clothing, food boxes, and day care assistance to support teen moms in the pursuit of their high school diploma. We also ensure teen moms are utilizing community services where necessary and refer to outside agencies for additional needs.
Mentors for Young Mothers Program
Match teen moms participating in our program with a volunteer mentor from within the community. The mentor meets with the teen mom 6 hours per month and the match is for one year. The mentor works directly with her to assist her in accomplishing her Goal Plan as well as other fun activities. Activities are coordinated with both the teen mom and volunteer’s schedules.
Life Skills Workshops
A series of life-skill workshops designed to teach the teen moms the necessary skills to achieve independence. Topics range from parenting skills to career planning.
The services we hope to provide for these teen mothers are:
- Career Planning: Job Search, Resume Writing, Interview skills
- Budget Skills: Financial Planning, Making it work with small budget
- Mentor Relationships: Teen Moms will be assigned a Mentor who will be a successful woman who was once a teen mom herself
- Peer Support: Support groups with other teens in the same situation
- Education/Training: Help with High School Diploma/GED, College Prep, Financial Aide, Self Help Programs, etc
- Parent Skills: Parenting programs, child care skills, disciplinary action, etc.
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention: Birth control, planned parenthood, choices, education, etc
- Employment Opportunities: As the program grows there will be many employment opportunities within Wings for Women.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Volunteer opportunities in fundraising, mentoring, peer support, speakers, babysitting, administration, IT, etc
- Play Groups: A positive environment for your children to play and be educated, giving you the opportunity to socialize with other women in the same situation.